Monday, 11 January 2016
Hello all! Welcome to my blog, where I will be exploring a topic I have begun to learn about, but am still in the beginning stages. The question I will try to answer is as follows: "How successfully can I
adapt variously complex dessert recipes to be vegan?" My ultimate goal is to become more comfortable baking; I used to bake cookies and muffins often (with varying degrees of success) but since becoming vegan I've played it safe, not making anything more complex than chocolate chip cookies. I will base my progress on three criteria: whether I enjoy eating what I've made, whether my willing human test subjects enjoy it, and how similar my creation is to what I am trying to emulate. The most important criterion is of course my own personal enjoyment, but since I really want to challenge myself, the similarity factor is not far behind. I will make several simpler desserts, as well as at least three of the following: meringue cookies, soufflé, crème brûlée, "proper" Danish pastry (à la my great-grandmother), lava cake, baked Alaska, Aebleskiver (Danish doughnuts), and/or some sort of candy. Some, or perhaps all, of my experiments will be utter disasters. But no matter what the result, I'll almost certainly enjoy the experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment